1) The General Assembly commended the Federal Government for the totality of its efforts in curtailing the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria, praising the strategies and methods deployed by the various ministries, agencies and task forces saddled with the huge assignment since the pestilence reared its head in Nigeria in the month of March. It noted that without the full support, encouragement and drive of Government at all levels, the efforts of the agencies and task forces would have amounted to nothing.
2) The Assembly also gave kudos to the Federal Government for its continued support to the cause of the development, improvement and international prominence of Nigerian Football, particularly the preparation and participation of the various National Teams in international matches and championships.
3) After listening with rapt attention to the presentation of the NFF’s Financial Statement by world –renowned auditing firm, PriceWaterHouseCoopers (PwC), which ended with a verdict of ‘Clean Opinion’, the General Assembly applauded the Members of the Executive Committee and Management for marked improvement in financial accounting and governance, and charged them to keep improving on processes and procedures for the good of the Nigeria game.
4) The General Assembly observed a one-minute silence in honour of personalities in Nigerian Football who passed on during the outgoing year, notably NFF Executive Committee Members Hon. Chidi Ofo Okenwa, Alhaji Musa Adamu Duhu and Hon. Emmanuel Ibah, Tolulope Abe (NFF’s Head of ICT) Chief Omineokuma-Kile (Vice Chairman of Rivers State Football Association), Elder Bode Oyewole (one-time Chairman of Oyo State Football Association), Ms Henrietta Ukaigwe (ace women’s football promoter and administrator) and football players Chineme Martins, Ifeanyi George and Emmanuel Ogbu.
5) After thorough scrutiny and careful consideration of the details involved, the General Assembly approved the proposed budget of the sum of N5,625,942,790.00 (Five Billion, Six Hundred and Twenty-Five Million, Nine Hundred and Forty-Two Thousand and Seven Hundred and Ninety Naira Only) for the Nigeria Football Federation for the year 2021.
6) The General Assembly unanimously granted congressional endorsement to the candidacy of the President of Nigeria Football Federation, Mr Amaju Melvin Pinnick for a seat on the FIFA Council in the next elections slated for Morocco in March 2021.
7) Congress expressed deep appreciation to the legion of State Governments who continue to give tremendous support and encouragement to the cause of the various National Teams, Nigeria Football Federation and Nigerian Football in general.
Communiqué Drafting Committee:
Mohammed Nasir Saidu (Chairman); Umarr Suleiman Isah (Member); Pascal Patrick (Member); Tade Azeez (Member); Abubakar C. Ladan (Member); Ademola Olajire (Secretary)